10.21.2009

One year.. ...older? ...wiser? ...well fed!

Apple Yoghurt Cake

One year ago I posted on this blog for the first time as a kind of practice run for my first Daring Bakers Challenge (Caramel cake. Oh, the (slightly over-hyped ;) ) horrors of making caramel at home and living to tell the tale.). So, after a whole year of bread baking, the odd scoop of ice cream, 10 Daring Bakers Challenges (I skipped once), joining the Washoku Warriors and quite a number of pasta recipes I thought I had deserved some cake. I made a apple yoghurt cake based on the recipe for apple and maple yoghurt cake by Chocolate&Zuchini, just substituting molasses for the maple syrup because mine had gone bad. It's a nicely moist cake,but next time I would also mix some apple slices into the dough.
Of course everyone reading or commenting on this blog deserves a piece of cake too. So, dig in. ;)

3 comments:

mimicooks said...

Congratulations on your blogoversary. Beautiful picture!

Elle said...

Congratulations The first year is always a learning process...and your blog is always enjoyable!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Congrats on the year. So Happy you joined in the maddness.