11.05.2009

Sesame Spätzle

Sesame Spätzle

A little while ago, Rachael from La Fuji Mama posted about her Spätzle-making experiences and I developed a craving for this kind of pasta. By chance there was a recipe with a new twist in a current food magazine so I decided to go with that. The dish turned out quite yummy, but next time I would roast the sesame in a dry pan and add it with the parsley at the end. Also go easy on the garlic to avoid it dominating the overall taste.

I'm sending this to Ivonne's Magazine Mondays.

Sesame Spätzle

Source: essen & trinken Für jeden Tag 11/09

Ingredients:

150 g Spätzle
1 clove garlic
1 bunch parsley
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp sesame seeds

Method:

- Cook the Spätzle as per instructions on the package. Drain well.
- Mince garlic and parsley. (separately)
- Heat the butter in a pan, roast the garlic and sesame. Add the Spätzle and fry on medium heat
until golden brown. Fold in parsley prior to serving.

4 comments:

mimicooks said...

What a great twist on spatzle. I'll have to try it out!!

creampuff said...

Oh my gosh, that looks soooooooo good! I want some!!!

poppyseed said...

I love spaetzle--this looks good. I may have this with my pork chops tomorrow night.

poppyseed said...

I just tried this dish alongside Chicken Kiev. It was really good.