Saturday Afternoon. Cake. Want. Now.
This recipe is very quick to prepare and yields a moist and tasty cake. It may look like the cake didn't rise very much, but that's only because I used a 30 cm cake pan and didn't bother to scale the recipe.
Source: Sophies Cakes by Sophie Dudemaine
For a 26 cm cake pan.
170 g sugar *
150 g flour
2 tsp baking powder
dash of cinnamon
150 g semi-salted butter (max. 3% salt) **
1 Golden Delicious apple. ***
* Used 150 g sugar, as I used a quite sweet Fuji apple.
** Used unsalted butter.
*** Used one Fuji apple.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for convection oven).
- Whisk eggs and sugar until fluffy. Add baking powder and sifted flower. Mix in cinnamon and melted butter.
- Peel the apple, grate into the dough and fold in.
- Transfer to a buttered and floured cake pan and bake for 40 minutes.