1.23.2010

Happy Things

The other day I received an award from Elle of Feeding my Enthusiasms. The award comes with the (small) duty to list ten things which make you happy. (Incidentally, this is the one hundred and first post of this blog, so as of today it's one louder. ;) (scroll down to the one starting with "The numbers all go to eleven.")) So, here are some things which make me happy:

- reading a good book (like this, this, this or this)
- watching clouds in the sky while commuting
- playing a game of Go
- waking up in my sleeping bag to the sound of rain on the tent
- a cup of green tea
- baking bread
- buying produce at the green market
- a windy day

I'd like to pass on this award to these happyness-inducing food bloggers:

Mimi of Delectable Tidbits
Joanne of Eats Well With Others
Rachael of La Fuji Mama
Susan of Wild Yeast

The official rules of the Happy 101 award are as follows:
1. Copy the award image into a post
2. Then list 10 things that make you happy
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day
4. Put in a link to their blogs
5. Notify the award receivers
6. Award recipients must link back to sender's blog

6 comments:

mimicooks said...

It made me happy just to read your happiness things. Good stuff!

Susan said...

Thanks so much Andreas. I love your list!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Rain on the roof, I forgot that one. These are all excellent happy things!

Elle said...

One louder indeed! My ears were never meant for one louder, but the concept is brilliant!
Great list Andreas. Simplicity is the hardest thing to do...bravo!

Joanne said...

Thank you so much for the award! Your list is fantastic.

Never Let You Go by Kazuo Ishiguro is one of my favorite books. It basically transported me to another time and place. He is such a good writer.

Fuji Mama said...

I don't know how I missed this! Thank you so much Andreas--I am honored!