4.27.2010

Ramson Risotto

Ramson Risotto

Ramson is another harbinger of spring and this risotto is a great way of using it. The sheep's cheese adds a welcome hot-cold combination.

Ramson Risotto

This recipe is a variation of the "Risotto with Spinach and Sheep's Cheese"
from Cook with Jamie by Jamie Oliver.

Ingredients:

olive oil
1 onion, diced
about 750 ml vegetable stock *
0,1 l white wine
1 cup arborio rice
1 bunch ramson
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
150 g sheep's cheese

* Maybe a bit more. I keep adding fresh water to the stock pot (one laddle in for one laddle out, so the water can warm up) when it runs low.

Method:

Dice the sheep's cheese and set aside.
Roughly chop the ramson and set aside.
Make a risotto * and stir in the ramson for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
Sprinkle the serving portions with the sheep's cheese.

* Bring your stock almost to the simmer. In a rather large pot, heat the olive oil, fry the onion until translucent. Add the rice and stir thoroughly. Add the white wine and let the alcohol cook off. Add the stock one laddle at a time, stirring very frequently. When the rice is done, after about 15 to 18 minutes, stir in the parmesan cheese.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

I've never tried ramson before, but this looks really good. I do love risotto, especially with lots of cheese!

Joanne said...

I have never heard of ramson before! The risotto looks fantastic though.

Mary said...

Andreas, I really liked your recipe. I had never before heard of ramsons and had to do some exploration. This sounds delicious. Blessings...Mary

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

I wonder just how many good things there are growing on this globe that I've never heard of let alone eaten ... ramson is now added to the list. From Wikipedia, I'd say I'd love it ... would it work in that potato bread I wonder?

Debinhawaii said...

This looks delicious! I am making a risotto tomorrow with some sheep's milk cheese I was given.