6.24.2010

Pasta Salad

Pasta Salad

Summer is getting on slowly this year. In order to be ready when the heat will set in, I made a test batch of pasta salad. It has a nicely clean taste and could be helped along by using some fresh herbs (as mentioned in the original recipe), which I had run out of.

Pasta Salad

Source: Inspired by Nudelsalat by Robert from lamiacucina

Ingredients:

1/2 pound dried pasta
1/4 loop bologna sausage (maybe 200 g), diced
1 tomato, halved and sliced
4 cornichons, sliced
1/2 package Feta cheese (about 90 g), diced

2 Tbsp olive oil
6 Tbsp vinegar
1 generous tsp Dijon mustard

Method:

Boil the pasta according to manufacturer's instructions. Set aside to cool and stir once in a while to prevent the pasta from clumping up.
Whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard. Toss the pasta with the other ingredients. Then add the vinaigrette and toss again.

4 comments:

Elle said...

have never seen a pasta salad with quite these ingredients before, but it looks delicious. I think I would use what we call Polish sausage...it seems very similar to what you used.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Right now I'm in Michigan where it is blissfully COOL! but I'll be back in the Dallas HOT next week and this will be just perfect.

Joanne said...

I love that this doesn't have mayo...my kind of pasta salad.

Mary said...

Your salad would really hit the spot on a hot summer night. It looks delicious. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary