8.23.2010

5-P Pasta

5-P Pasta

I wanted to postpone trying this pasta dish until the bountiful display of fresh produce at the green market had died down, but as I recently didn't have the time to visit said market (for some reason or another), now seemed as good a time as any. The dish (or rather the sauce, otherwise it would be a 6-P pasta ;) ) derives it's name from the Italian names of the main ingredients: tomato (pomodoro), cream (panna), parmesan (parmegiano), parsley (prezzemolo) and pepper (pepe). It's definitely a keeper, but probably only as a special treat due to the generous amount of cream (remember, any fat in a dish which you can see, is not bad for you) .

5-P Pasta

Adapted from Cinque Pi from No Kitchen for Old Men

Ingredients:

1/2 pound pasta
1 Tbsp tomato paste
3/4 cup cream
1 cup parmesan, grated
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
black pepper, freshly grated
nutmeg
salt

Method:

Cook the pasta according to manufacturer's instructions.
Meanwhile, roast the tomato paste in a skillet for two minutes or so, then deglaze with the cream. Let the cream come to a simmer and add the parmesan, stir until the parmesan has melted. Add some pepper, a dash of nutmeg and salt to taste. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.

2 comments:

mimicooks said...

I'm glad that any fat I can see in my food is not bad for me. I can stop worrying about all of that cheese I keep tossing onto all of my food, lol!!

George said...

I always thought the rule is, if you rub the food against a piece of paper and the paper turns clear, it has a lot of,erm, "vitaly important calories".

Anyway, 5-P FTW!