9.06.2010

Rustic Plum Tart

Rustic Plum Tart

After the underwhelming results from last time, I tried another recipe for a plum tart. It turned out to be right up my alley, as the cake is not very sweet and the plums are on the sour side of tangy.

Rustic Plum Tart

Adapted from Pure Dessert by Alice Medrich

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp demerara sugar *
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 large egg, lightly whisked
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 pound plums, pitted

* Original recipe calls for 3/4 cup sugar.

Method:

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter a 9- or 10-inch tart pan. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Then add the egg and butter and, using a fork, work everything into an even dough. Spread the dough onto the bottom of the tart pan and place the plums on top. Bake for about 50 minutes until golden brown.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Looks great! I love the simplicity of this recipe, and the color of the plums!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Love the color of those plums.
I've had good luck with Dorie's plum tart but this one looks like I need to try it too!

mimicooks said...

I'm really enjoying your pictures lately. This one is so lovely!

George said...

Reminds me of my grandma's plum tart. And that's a very good thing!

Elle said...

Those are beautiful plums and the cake is just the right amount, not too much cake. Love the simpliticy of the ingredients, too.