2.13.2011

Sweet Potato with Butter and Salt

Sweet Potato with Butter and Salt

Well, the title says it all. Really.



Monochrome Monday at Simple Math BakerySince this is a simple and austere recipe, I was trying to achieve a matching presentation. Apart from croping the original image, I played around with the pre-set b/w conversion parameter sets of PSE 7, but I'm not sure if I like the result. Now as I type this, the picture looks a bit more aesthetic than when seen in full-screen mode. I guess there is literally more to b/w conversion than meets the eye. ;)

I'm submitting this picture to Monochrome Monday by Jeanne from simple math bakery.



Sweet Potato with Butter and Salt

Adapted from The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters

Ingredients:

sweet potato
butter
coarse sea salt

Method:

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the sweet potato(es) on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Split open the sweet potato. Top with thinly sliced butter and drizzle with salt.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I love the dual images. The b/w conversion looks good at that scale. I wonder if it would produce a different result if you change the camera mode before shooting, as opposed to using the conversion? Thanks for the submission, I've been slacking on my own Monochrome Monday posts. :)