11.06.2011

Pasta with Eggs and fried Breadcrumbs

Pasta with Eggs and Fried Breadcrumbs

IHCC Tessa Kiros ButtonIt's all about the world of pasta at this weeks IHCC theme. I chose this recipe to use up some surplus eggs and a stale bun. The fried breadcrumbs are a variation of the pangrattato from about a year ago.

Pasta with Eggs and Fried Breadcrumbs

Adapted from Familienrezepte / Falling Cloudberries by Tessa Kiros

Serves 4

Ingredients:

4 eggs
4 Tbsp olive oil
300 g pasta
6 slices white toast, coarsely diced (used 1 stale bun)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp capers, minced
1 bunch parsley
zest of 1/2 lemon

Method:

Boil the eggs for 4 minutes, rinse with cold water, peel and mash with a fork in a serving bowl. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and a dash of salt. Cook the pasta until al dente. Meanwhile, heat the rest of the olive oil in a skillet, fry the breadcrumbs until golden brown, add the garlic and capers and fry until fragrant. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and lemon zest. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water, and toss with the egg mixture adding some of the water if necessary. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and serve.


8 comments:

MM said...

Carbs on top of carbs = good!

Kim said...

This is an amazing recipe. It's so simple, but it never fails to catch my attention when I'm flipping through the book. I know it has to be incredibly satisfying. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't enjoy this!

Heather Schmitt-González said...

This is such a wonderful, simple dish. I think the garlic and fried breadcrumbs add such a wonderful layer of flavor and texture. Delicious :D

Mika said...

I was wondering about this recipe. It looks tasty and fun. I need to try it soon. I think my daughter would love it.

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Yum! Simple and satisfying - and you can't go wrong with garlic, capers, parsley and lemon!

Kayte said...

Looks wonderful...I love recipes where you can use what you have on hand and come up with a great dish. Nice photo of it as well.

Jeanne said...

Interesting combination. I love all three of those things so I'm sure I'd enjoy this dish!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I have this one tagged to make. It looks so delicious--simple comfort.
;-)