3.18.2012

Broccoli Soup

Broccoli Soup

IHCC Tessa Kiros Button Everyone views the world through green shades this week at IHCC. Instead of a green-tinted pint of stout, I chose a broccoli soup. The freshly ground black pepper makes this soup really come alive. Next time I would leave out the cream as it just dulls the taste of the broccoli.


Broccoli Soup

Adapted from Familienrezepte / Falling Cloudberries by Tessa Kiros

Ingredients:

1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
1 stem of broccoli, generously peeled and cut into fine dice
2 potatoes, cut into rough chunks
1 red onion, cut into quarters
salt
freshly ground black pepper
cream

Method:

In a pot, add the broccoli, potatoes, onion and 2 tsp salt, cover with 1.5l of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 30 minutes until the florets are very tender. Purée the soup with an immersion blender or a potato masher. Add salt and black pepper to taste and serve with a swirl of cream.


4 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

I really enjoyed this soup too. I liked the cream--but I did use cashews so maybe that made a difference, and I added a little lemon too which seemed to bring out the broccoli flavor. ;-)

Kim said...

This looks like a gorgeous bowl of soup. I know I'd love it.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful color! And definitely healthier than that green pint. ;)

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Beautiful - and I am with you on the pepper love! ♥