3.04.2012

Oven-baked Lemon-Potatoes

Oven-baked Lemon-Potatoes

IHCC Tessa Kiros ButtonAt IHCC we're encouraged to eat more citrus this week, so I went for this easy and very tasty potato dish.


Oven-baked Lemon-Potatoes

Adapted from Griechenland in meiner K├╝che / Food from many Greek Kitchens by Tessa Kiros

Ingredients:

1 kg potatoes, peeled
juice of 1 lemon
6 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1 heaped tsp dried oregano

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the potatoes into about 1/4-inch slices. Put the slices into an oven-proof casserole and drizzle with the oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Add 500 ml water to the casserole without washing the spices off the potatoes. Put into the oven for about 90 minutes until very tender and nicely browned.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Turns out these potatoes were popular this week. I made them too and we really enjoyed them. Yours look gorgeous!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I made these potatoes also this week and loved them--such great lemony flavor. ;-)

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

I love the sound of Lemon Potatoes, I definitely have to give this one a try!
I started the lemon curt tartlettes, but failed with the pastry. Ah well.

Jeanne said...

Lemon and potatoes sounds like a great combination. We have so many fresh lemons at the market now so this is a perfect seasonal dish!

Jamie said...

These look wonderful! Will try soon!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

I was running a bit late, but I made these potatoes this week to go with my mezedes - totally loved them. I think they just became our favourite potato dish, and they are exactly like potatoes I ate so often while holidaying in Greece.

Sue :-)