5.16.2012

Farro Soup (II), no (III)

Farro Soup (II) (III)

Cooking my way through 1 kg of farro takes longer than I thought. So long in fact that I this soup had slipped my mind. Anyway, both of these (and the soup No.I) are all good and filling.

Farro Soup (III)

Adapted from Super Natural Every Day by Heidi Swanson

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp olive oil
2 onions, diced
1 cup sweet potato, diced
1 Tbsp curry powder
1/2 cup farro
1 cup lentils
6-7 cups water or stock
1 cup yoghurt
zest and juice of 1 lemon

Method:

In a soup pot, heat the oil and fry the onions and sweet potato until translucent. Add the curry powder and a pinch of salt and toss to coat. Add the farro, lentils and water. Bring to the boil and simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together the yoghurt and lemon juice. Use the zest for garnish.

No comments: