7.21.2013

Fried Rice

Fried Rice

IHCC Ottolenghi Leek Badge resized
A quick and easy stir-fry for this month's potluck




Fried Rice

Adapted from Hearty Fried Rice (Ottolenghi Guardian Column)

Ingredients:

1 cup short-grain brown rice
1 1/2 cups water
2 Tbsp sunflower oil
1 bell pepper, diced
1 bunch spring onions, sliced
1 pickled chilli (or to taste), sliced
1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
salt and black pepper

Method:

Bring the water and rice to a boil and simmer for about 30 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool.

In a skillet, heat the sunflower oil, add the bell pepper and fry for 4 minutes. Add the spring onions and fry for another 3 minutes. Add the chili and the cooked rice and stir-fy for another 2 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm crazy about spring onions. This fried rice looks good with an entire bunch of onions in it!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Brown rice, red peppers, chillies, quick, easy - everything about this fried rice appeals to me.

So glad you joined in with us for Pot Luck week.

Kim said...

Such a healthy and delicious combination of ingredients. I agree with Michelle, I love spring onions. I also love that this rice is filled with chiles. Sounds delicious to me!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Yum! I am craving a big bowl of this right now. Loving the brown rice. ;-)