5.25.2014

Kohlrabi-Tomato Stew

Kohlrabi-Tomato Stew

IHCC
It's potluck time again at IHCC and I went with a spicy vegetable stew.


Kohlrabi-Tomato Stew

Source: World Vegetarian by Madhur Jaffrey

Ingredients:

2 kohlrabi heads, peeled and diced
2 Tbsp neutral oil
1 garlic clove, minced
2 dried chiles, or to taste
5 tomatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
dash of salt

Method:

In a skillet, heat the oil and fry the garlic and chiles until fragrant. Add the kohlrabi and the rest of the ingredients and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water, bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes until the kolhlrabi is tender. Serve on pasta or rice.

5 comments:

Zosia said...

What a great way to add flavour to kohlrabi. Sounds delicious!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

This looks like a great dish, and I love that you've served it with pasta. I must admit that kohlrabi is not a vegetable I use much, just because it is so hideously expensive here, even when it's in season.

Deb in Hawaii said...

That stew looks really good on top of the noodles. I need to find some kohlrabi to cook with. ;-)

Kim said...

I must confess that I've never tasted kohlrabi, nor do I think I've ever seen it in the market. I'm not sure what it tastes like but I do know that I would eat just about anything served over pasta:)

Grace Phua said...

The stew you have there looks good and is able to complement the pasta well. Nice!!