6.08.2014

Pasta with Meatballs

Pasta with Meatballs

Since we are doing brunch at IHCC this week, I went for classic meat balls in mustard sauce.


Pasta with Meatballs

Adapted from Eat by Nigel Slater

Ingredients:

450 g sausages
1 Tbsp clarified butter
200 g cream
100 ml stock or water
2 tsp dijon mustard, or to taste
salt and pepper
pasta

Method:

Remove the casings from the sausages, divide into golf ball-sized portions and roll into balls. Melt the clarified butter in a skillet and fry the meatballs until nicely browned. Add the cream, stock, mustard and salt and pepper and let simmer while the pasta cooks to al dente.

8 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

A perfect pasta dish for brunch! Looks delicious!

Zosia said...

My husband would be very happy if I served this for brunch! Sausage meatballs in mustard sauce does sound delicious.

Kim said...

I am actually rather crazy for mustard (every type of mustard). I must make this dish and serve it over pasta as you have. This looks like a perfectly flavorful and comforting meal! Thanks for pointing it out.

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Pasta with meatballs really puts a smile on my face :-) I've got some homemade sausages that would be just perfect in this dish.

TeaLady said...

Simple. Tasty. Perfect.

Deb in Hawaii said...

A perfect comfort brunch dish and I love that mustard sauce! ;-)

ostwestwind said...

Pasta always works especially with meatballs, great lunch ..

Beena.stephy said...

Really yummy pasta. First time am your blog good job dear friend.
pls visit and join my space too
www.cookingatmayflower.blogspot.com